Small Businesses in NSW eligible for $1500 rebate
The NSW Government has announced a new small business grant that is in place from April 2021 until 30 June 2022.
Small businesses can only use funds to offset the costs of eligible NSW and local government fees and charges incurred after March 1, 2021. These include but not limited to;
– food authority licences
– liquor licences
– tradesperson licences
– event fees
– outdoor seating fees
– council rates
It cannot be used for taxes, fines, penalties and other government charges included within the exclusion list. Refer to the Service NSW guidelines for more information.
Eligibility Requirements For Small Businesses
To be eligible for this rebate, you must:
– Must have an ABN registered in NSW and/or premises in NSW
– Australian wages must be below the NSW Government 2020-2021 payroll tax threshold ($1.2 million)
– Be registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST)
– Have a turnover of at least $75,000 per annum (declaration to be provided)
How to Apply
– A Service NSW account
– Proof of identity
– Business banking details
– Accountant’s letter of proof of turnover
Find out more about eligibility and how to apply at Small Business Fees and Charges Rebate.